24/7 Claims Service
In the event of a loss, remember that ThompsonBaker works for you. Your local, independent agent acts as your advocate throughout the claims process to ensure a speedy and fair compensation.
Promptly notify ThompsonBaker or your insurance company of the claim. Find your insurance company’s phone number on your policy declarations page, or call us directly 24/7 at (904) 824-1631 or toll-free at (877) 824-1631.
Tips to ensure an efficient claims process:
- First, immediately ensure the safety of all persons involved in the emergency or damage-causing incident. If you must evacuate before a storm, make sure to take the proper precautions to avoid damages by securing your property and removing all valuable items. Lastly, lock all windows and doors.
- Take reasonable steps to protect and avoid further damage to your property.
- Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as protecting broken windows, removing debris or covering a leaking roof.
- Keep a list of all temporary repairs with receipts and pictures of the damaged property. DO NOT make extensive repairs until after an adjuster’s inspection.
- Place all damaged items such as furniture and other personal property in a secure area and DO NOT get rid of it until it is seen by an adjuster, including items you don’t believe will be covered.